Friday, March 20, 2015

Two all over quilting design (edge to edge) quilts.



Hello Friday & friends......................................
It's not a quilt until it's quilted! That said, these two quilts became quilts a few weeks ago, just catching up on showing you all.


First up is a quilt made by Kerryn (owner /operator) for inspiration for The Country Yard.
Here it is ready for the 'binding fairies' to hand stitch the binding in place.


For some reason the bulk of my quilting jobs are for custom quilting but from time to I do get quilts to be finished off with an all over quilting design, also known as edge to edge quilting.


When requiring the services of a professional quilter you will most likely fall into one of the following two categories: custom quilting or all over quilting design.
Custom quilting suits so many quilts, this service  starts from simple ditch stitching with a few simple designs right up to the top end of full custom, this of course is more time consuming therefore more costly.


All over quilting designs (or edge to edge) tend to give a  softer look & quicker to quilt (no ditch stitching!) so therefore the most cost effective way to have your quilt top become a quilt!

The fabrics used in this quilt were a lovely range by Minick & Simpson called "Lexington".


You can see the yummy soft floating feathers really well on the back.............................


Next is another quilt for The Country Yard this can be purchase as a kit to make one for yourself!


Another quilt finished with an all over quilting design. A Shattered Nine patch variation made with Kiwiana fabrics.


A taste of good old New Zealand................................


And that was the back.

While out photographing another quilt this morning 'The Supervisor' came out to make sure I was doing it right.


While outside he discovered a Praying Mantis................................


See on the left? This poor little creature was ready to take this fur ball on! He/she had it's tiny front legs high in the air as if to say: "go on punk make my day!" Well I thought it was Simon that was surely going to have the last word paw swipe! So I intervened and took the little green creature to safety.

The other day on Facebook I posted a couple of photo's of my creative space. Do you have a creative space you enjoy hanging out in? I enjoy seeing others creative spaces ( AKA 'playstations').
Wishing you a happy time this weekend in your creative space where ever it is.


7 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics & colours Kerryn has put together in that first quilt ... LOVE the paisley print. And Simon ... well he is just gorgeous, look at that little face. There are lots of praying mantis's around at the moment. AND mice !!!! Your creative space looks very welcoming Leeanne - wonder if I could come & have a play in it !!!????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilts are both lovely.....love the Kiwi fabrics! Your supervisor is being diligent on the job today..good you saved the praying mantis!! Your creative space looks great, very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the all-over design on that first quilt. Very soft and pretty.
    You have binding fairies? I'll trade in my tooth fairy for one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your play stations are ever so appealing and of course love the quilting which I shall miss seeing for a wee while, and so glad mister fur ball didn't have the last say...catch up later next week xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your play stations are ever so appealing and of course love the quilting which I shall miss seeing for a wee while, and so glad mister fur ball didn't have the last say...catch up later next week xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first quilt isso lovely, both fabric and quilting! And I'm glad you stopped mr. Fur Ball from catching that little green animal, although it's a pity for him!
    I have a 'playstation' indeed, but most of the time it's not to be seen by others than myself. Yours is like a picture, I love it!
    Have a nice weekend, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find blue and brown together really appealing, and those all over fEat hers are just divine.

    ReplyDelete